DATA CENTRE PROJECT MANAGER
Technimove are the market leading provider of server relocations. Working with thousands of companies small, medium and enterprise to de-risk migration of critical IT equipment.
We are expanding rapidly and seek a Senior Data Centre Project Manager to work in our London City office.
About the Job
You will have a deep technology competence and would have come from an engineering / network background and managed Enterprise size Data Centres in the UK. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years comprehensive experience leading complex data centre migration projects, have over 10 years detailed expertise leveraging data replication technologies for both server migrations and IT Disaster Recovery solutions. You will also have a detailed history of working in a wide variety of complex data centre environments and have a strong track record of IT Service Continuity Management, IT Service Management, ITIL, and proven CritSit incident management expertise.
Experience in Finance and/or Public Sector would be advantageous.
- Own and lead the end to end migration of all services throughout the migration project
- Own the end to end weekly Start Stop Migration Work Flow view for all Service Components being migrated in each calendar month
- Track the successful completion of all migration project activity Milestones. Provide weekly reporting on all Service Component migrations to senior management and to the Programme Board on a fortnightly/monthly basis
- Accountable for defining, optimizing and operating infrastructure
- Project Manage all assigned Service Component migration activity
- Enable and assist with the creation of technical plans to migrate existing production data centres to new/consolidated locations
- Interface with internal technical subject matter experts and drive to conclusion any technical open issues and manage the risks related to the programme
- Create and document technical requirements and designs; – Manage all technical aspects of the Data Centre migration phases (Assessment, Planning and Execution)
Skill and attributes required
- Prince2 certified
- ITIL Foundation or Practitioner certified
- Understanding of Successful Programme Management methodology
- A successful computer science education
- Managed Enterprise datacentres
- Must have come from an architectural and technical background and still have the ability to read network diagrams etc
- Must have technical experience with virtual environments and P2V
- Experienced in sponsoring technology projects
- Passion for topics around IT infrastructure and Data Centre planning and development
- Strong conceptual thinking and understanding of the core processes to run IT infrastructure is essential
- Ability and experience to produce business cases and respective execution plans
- Good understanding of all of the various technologies surrounding security
- Strong leadership skills with a high sense of responsibility and quality
- Very strong communication and moderation skills in English
- High motivation and ability to work under pressure
If you feel you meet the above criteria, email your CV to: email@example.com.
No Agencies Thank You.